Self drive: Drysuit Snorkeling in Silfra | Free photos
Silfra is one of the top dive sites in the world and situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 60-63 meter deep, where you can almost see end to end as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like flying.
By snorkeling in drysuit you will get protection from the cold water if the fissure as the drysuit is constructed from layers of insulating fabric. However, we always recommend you rather take the wetsuit as you will have so much more fun. Adventure Vikings is the only Icelandic company that offers wetsuit snorkeling in Silfra and we can assure you that you won’t regret snorkeling in the wetsuit. Instead of just floating heavily on the surface like you do in a drysuit you will be able to dive into the fissure in the wetsuit. No diving experience or diving license is needed.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 14 years|
What is included
- All necessary gear for snorkeling
- English speaking guide
- FREE photos
- Hot chocolate
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling, extra pair of woolen socks
- Towel and swimwear if you are doing the wetsuit snorkeling
- Lunch or Snack - optional
- Waterproof camera
- You can rent a GoPro camera with us for 6900 ISK
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age
- Not be pregnant
- Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.
Meeting Point Information
For those who do not require pick-up service and are meeting us on location, the meeting point is Silfra car park in Thingvellir National Park. Please park your car at “Thingvellir P5” parking lot and walk 400m back along the road to Silfra car park - where all the snorkel and dive vans are - and look for your Adventure Vikings guide. Please be there, ready to meet your guide before the start time of your tour.
For GPS: 64°15’23.508″N 21°6’58.676″W
The check-in at Silfra car park, Thingvellir begins 15 minutes before your tour is due to begin. Check-in closes at the start time of your tour. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed participation nor refunds. Adventure Vikings will review late arrivals situations and make a determination on a case by case basis. We therefore kindly ask you to review the driving directions to Silfra, respect the challenging Icelandic weather and road conditions, and to contact us ahead of time if you anticipate any problems.