Self drive: Wetsuit Snorkeling in Silfra | Free photos
Enjoy snorkeling in wetsuit in Iceland, at one of the top dive sites in the world; Silfra. The wetsuit will cover your whole body but note that the wetsuit will not protect you entirely from the cold water in Silfra. Yet this is such an amazing experience that you simply must do this. Adventure Vikings is the only snorkeling company in Iceland that offers wetsuit snorkeling and we promise you that this is by far the best way to snorkel. You will be able to dive below the surface and see the underwater wonders. No diving licence is needed.
Snorkeling in Silfra is actually snorkeling between two continents; Europe and America. Sounds strange? Well it’s a fact. The snorkeling site is in Silfa, an exotic underwater canyon/fissure, located at the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a fissure created because of continents’ plates drift apart about 2 cm per year.
This is an unbelievable experience you won’t forget.
Silfra is known to be one of the top dive sites in the world. Silfra is a freshwater fissure where you can see at least 100 meters ahead of you as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like flying.
No diving experience is needed. We provide all the gear that you need and offer snorkeling in wetsuit (the suit we recommend) and drysuit all dependant on your interest.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 14 years|
What is included
- All necessary gear for snorkeling
- English speaking guide
- FREE Photos
- Hot chocolate
- Clothes suited to dress under a wetsuit such as swimwear
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Lunch or Snack
- You can rent a GoPro camera by us
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Be physically fit
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Silfra Snorkeling Medical Statement
- Sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall
- Be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Be minimum 14 years of age
- Not be pregnant
- Not wear glasses, so if you have a prescription mask, please bring it with you. If not, we advise you to get contact lenses before you join us for snorkeling.
Meeting Point Information
For those who do not require pick-up service and are meeting us on location, the meeting point is Silfra car park in Thingvellir National Park. Please park your car at “Thingvellir P5” parking lot and walk 400m back along the road to Silfra car park - where all the snorkel and dive vans are - and look for your Adventure Vikings guide. Please be there, ready to meet your guide before the start time of your tour.
For GPS: 64°15’23.508″N 21°6’58.676″W
The check-in at Silfra car park, Thingvellir begins 15 minutes before your tour is due to begin. Check-in closes at the start time of your tour. Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed participation nor refunds. Adventure Vikings will review late arrivals situations and make a determination on a case by case basis. We therefore kindly ask you to review the driving directions to Silfra, respect the challenging Icelandic weather and road conditions, and to contact us ahead of time if you anticipate any problems.